1. I think 9 is plenty big... I'm used to cooking in bulk but more than 9 meals seems like too much. Maybe we could try it at this for awhile and then see about adding some.
- We'll keep it at 9 for the first couple of months to see how things go. So, maybe the web address will be "12busymoms.blogspot.com" in name only and not in practice. :-)
2. Any guidelines on how long to wait before doing the same recipe again?
- If you are like me, I make the same "go-to" recipes at least once a month. I would say that it would be okay to make the same recipe each month, but that might get a little boring. How about every other month? Maybe get some cues from others in the group too. If a certain recipe gets lots of rave reviews and requests then maybe you would want to make it more frequently.
3. Point of clarification: Should I cook the chicken so that it just needs to be microwaved? Or should I not cook it but only provide directions for baking?
- I would say whatever method makes the chicken taste the best. If there is minimal difference with taste then I would err on making it easier for prep (microwaved). For my meal, I am browning both sides of porkchops (they'll be pan fried about 8 minutes total) but then they will need to bake between an hour and an hour and a half with the rice mixture.
4. What’s wrong with white onions? I always buy white and never buy yellow.
- I took the “white onions” rule out. Again, this was borrowed from my sisters group. I have no idea why they have that rule. Maybe someone is allergic?
5. I have a FoodSaver, which sucks all the air out of plastic bags and then seals them. Is it okay if I use those instead of Ziplock? If I do, you could keep them in your freezer for a couple years!
Foodsavers are great! I added that to the list of guidelines.
6. I tried to do the survey, but it said it was closed.
I'm not sure what the problem was with the survey I put together. I'll attempt again, but for now please just leave a time in the comments section under the posting "First Exchange - February 12th"
7. I cannot ever do Monday nights b/c of a scheduling conflict. Is it always going to be on Mondays? If so I won't be able to do it. Just let me know
It won't always be on Monday. I arbitrarily chose the 12th just to get something on the calendar. The first time we meet, everyone should bring their calendars so we can plan the next exchange.